Sunday 15 September 2013

Review: Wind Chime Point by Sherryl Woods

Facing a personal crisis, ambitious and driven Gabriella Castle retreats to the welcoming arms of her family. Everything she's worked for has been yanked out from under her, and she seeks the serenity of her grandmother's home on the North Carolina coast. With difficult decisions to make about her future, the last thing she wants is an unexpected love.
Wade Johnson fell for Gabi the first time he saw her. It's not the only time he's found himself in the role of knight in shining armor, but Gabi isn't looking for a rescuer. To get her to stay, Wade will need a whole lot of patience and gentle persuasion and maybe the soothing sound of wind chimes on a summer breeze.


 Paperback, 400 pages
Published April 30th 2013 by Harlequin MIRA (first published January 1st 2013)

Kristine's review:

I won this book in a goodreads giveaway and I was excited as I read Mending Fences by Woods early this year and really enjoyed it. 
Woods has a wonderful style of writing that makes it easy to get drawn into the characters lives and feel like you are right there beside them. Gabriella was in a real crisis when the story started and I found myself routing for her as she tried to decide what she wanted with her life. Her character was likeable but at times I found her to be a little annoying. Under the circumstances I guess any of us could be. There was a strong family dynamic with a grandmother that I adored. Wade was the type of character that we all love to love.This book was really about one persons journey of self discovery and the people that helped. It was a lovely story and I enjoyed it although I did find that it was slow in a few places.
This book is the second book in the Ocean Breeze series but can easily stand alone. I did not read the first book before reading Wind Chime Point but I could follow along and figure out what happened.









No comments:

Post a Comment