Thursday 19 February 2015

Feature and Follow Friday #61

Feature & Follow Friday is a weekly meme that allows book bloggers to interact with each other and find new blogs! It has two hosts, Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The rules are...
 

(Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}
(Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers
If you’re new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog.


  This Week's Question:

Do you like fantasy or realistic books? - Suggested by The Realm of Books

Terri's Answer

If I have to choose between the two I would have to say realistic.  I like when something is feasible as it actually catches my imagination more.  A good tear jerker that pulls at my heartstrings or a controversial topic that makes me think.  That being said I am a sucker for magical realism however in my opinion that leans more towards realistic than fantasy.  You never do know what is or is not possible and it tends not to be too out there.

Kristine's Answer

I am with Terri on this one. My natural instinct would have me picking up a realistic book over fantasy. There was a time when I wouldn't read anything that couldn't happen in real life. I had no real reason for it, I just wouldn't. I then realised (thanks to Terri) that I really like magical realism and the occasional ghost in my books. Since then I have become more open minded and have ventured into fantasy on the recommendation of others. I am glad that I did because I have read some great books because of it. One thing that I have found is that I either love the book or hate it and there is no middle ground.

How about you? Do you prefer fantasy or realistic?

That is our Feature and Follow Friday for this week! Comment down below if you're a new follower of ours with a link to your blog and we will make sure to follow you back. You can follow us via gfc, bloglovin, email, facebook and/or twitter.  

 


18 comments:

  1. If you would have asked me this question a year or two ago, I would have said realistic. It's hard to imagine book boyfriends as Angels, vampires, etc. Lol! Now, I actually prefer fantasies! I love reading about worlds, people, and creatures that could never exist!

    Old follower!

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping through. I definitely like magical realism. A perfect mixture. But I do lean towards realistic fiction for now at least.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you guys! I like magical realism, it's the best of both world. Just as Kristine says if I love or hate a book isn't because the genre.

    New Follower!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. great answer, I'm more of a fantasy reader myself
    New bloglovin follower

    http://www.coffeeandcharacters.com/blog

    -Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like both but I think I read realistic books more :)
    New GFC and old Bloglovin follower

    -Nikita @Njkinny's World of Books & Stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow!
      Following you on both :)

      Delete
  6. I like reading a bit of both genre. And followed you via GFC. Here's my FF: http://bookstopcorner.blogspot.in/2015/02/feature-follow-2-debate-is-over-fantasy_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could finish up a contemporary romance in the morning and by that evening be deeply surrounded by werebeasts in a dark, dangerous forest. It completely depends on the mood - so I'm kinda equal between the two.

    Old follower

    My FF this week

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great answers! I like both (more sci-fi/horror than full on vamps and hunky werewolves etc) but do tend towards reality more.

    Regular follower xx

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's what I said, in a way, but I leaned more towards fantasy! I like my fantasy aspects set in our world. Basically we can say Urban Fantasy, because it's a real world setting with fantasy elements, like the vamps, ghosts, weres, etc!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you two take the chance on both. My FF

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like both but I'm more of a fantasy person. I just need an escape once in a while.
    New BlogLovin follower.
    My FF: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/02/feature-follow-friday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a Paranormal freak but I also love some great romance anything from historical to erotic so I guess both would be my answer.

    My FF

    followed by gfc

    ReplyDelete