Friday 27 February 2015

Feature and Follow Friday #62




Feature & Follow Friday is a weekly meme that allows book bloggers to interact with each other and find new blogs! It has two hosts, Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The rules are...
 

(Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}
(Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers
If you’re new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog.



  This Week's Question:

Your house is burning down and you have time to select three books you own to take with you. What three books? - Suggested by Alison Can Read

  Terri's Answer

This is such a tough question!  How do you narrow it down to only three??? To help narrow it down I will only choose from the paperbacks I own and eliminate any digital books I have.  Lets see..it appears they would all be in the historical fiction genre.

1.  The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton


2.  The Tea Rose by Jennifer Donnelly


3.  Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay



Kristine's Answer

Yikes! Terri did better than me. I don't think I can pick three. Also, if there were a fire I'd be more concerned with getting my family and fur baby out. Books can be replaced. I will mention one book though and that would be...

The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons

This book in my opinion is one of the BEST love stories ever written that I have had the opportunity to read. It is part of the historical fiction genre but I honestly think even non fans of the genre would enjoy it. My daughter read it at 14yrs old and loved it so much that it actually inspired her major independent project in grade 10 history on the Leningrad Blockade. Her teacher was so excited that she picked it because none of the other students had even heard of it.





So I am going to cheat and just pick the one and grab my Kindle too!

Were you able to pick 3 books easily?

That is our Feature and Follow Friday for this week! Comment down below if you're a new follower of ours with a link to your blog and we will make sure to follow you back. You can follow us via gfc, bloglovin, email, facebook and/or twitter.  

8 comments:

  1. The house is on fire not really gonna think about books :)
    I'm grabbing my tablet, my photo books and the signed books. I don't really have a favorite book I can't live without.

    My FF

    Old follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would also cheat and grab my Kindle.

    I’m now following you on Bloglovin’.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally would cheat. Who can think about just three? That's cruel!! I haven't read any of these, actually the first three are new to me, I've wanted to read The Bronze Horseman. I heard of it last year but haven't get it yet!

    All of them seem very interesting!

    Old Follower! My FF

    Giova @ Corazones Literarios

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Kindles were expensive! There's no way I'd leave them to burn. I'd never be able to replace them.
    Old follower.
    My FF: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/02/feature-follow-friday-3-3-books-youd.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a tough question! I didn't like that! I could practically feel the tears coming by simply imagining such a scenario! But answer it I did!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not read any of these but I did love Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly! I may have to check out her other books. I'm an old GFC & Bloglovin follower! :D
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I haven't read any of these books! I'll have to look into them if they're worth saving from a fire! Haha

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. New titles for me too, but sound really interesting. :)

    New GFC follower xx

    My FF

    ReplyDelete