Thursday 10 April 2014

Feature and Follow Friday #23






Feature & Follow Friday is a weekly meme that allows book bloggers to interact with each other and find new blogs! It has two hosts, Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The rules are...

 
(Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}
(Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers
If you’re new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog.

This week's question is...

 Tell us about a book that you didn’t like and why we shouldn’t read it…nicely.

Kristine's answer...

I want to start out by saying that this is the part about blogging that I like the least. I hate having to give a bad review and I struggle to do so in as nice and kind a way as possible. I am normally very easy to please so a book has to be really bad for me to give it a not so nice review. This was the first "1 star" that I ever gave on the blog and that was last October.





There are multiple reasons that I disliked this book so much but I'll be brief and I won't mention them all. Mainly I disliked the characters, the plot lacked depth, the roommate's death was too unbelievable and there was way too much selfishness and immaturity. One of the biggest kickers (although there were many) was competing with her roomate to see who could be the loudest while having sex. What??? Then something happens at the end to the only character I actually liked that had me shaking my head. My original review can be found here.

Terri's answer...

The Blindness of the Heart by Julia Franck was perhaps the most disappointing book I have ever read.  I had been eager to read it after reading the synopsis as it advertised a tragic story spanning both wars and I am a huge fan of historical fiction.  The problem is that the main character had no redeeming qualities which made it hard to be in her corner.  This was just a dull read with horrible characters and no underlying themes that I could identify.  This book was originally written in German and then translated to English so I think it may just be that some of the story and emotions got lost in translation.

I could also add any of the 50 Shades series as well for the overuse of the word gasp ;-)

That is our Feature and Follow Friday for this week! Comment down below if you're a new follower of ours with a link to your blog and we will make sure to follow you back. You can follow us via gfc, bloglovin, facebook and/or twitter.


15 comments:

  1. I suspect we'll be seeing a lot of mentions for Fifty Shades this week! Happy weekend, ladies!

    Old follower. My FF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny that I wanted to use Fifty Shades but decided not to because I figured everyone would be listing that one! LOL!

    Angie
    <a href="http://angelasanxiouslife.blogspot.com/2014/04/follow-me-friday-avoid-this-book.html>Angela's Anxious Life</a>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping through. Now that is interesting - a competition for the loudest sex. Awkward.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also agree with your thoughts on Crashing Into You. I could only rate that 1 star as well.
    Existing Follower on bloglovin.
    Here's my FF.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping through! I haven't read Crashing Into You yet since I've never heard of it. I can understand why you disliked the book somehow!
    New GFC follower! :)

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those two books don't sound very good from your opinions! Definitely avoiding those.

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate it when characters aren't convincing or just don't seem to be driven bt anything except childishness or greed etc.
    I'm a new follower! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a good weekend!
    My Friday Post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely sound like they are worth missing!

    Thea @ Gizzimomo's Book Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard of either of these before but they sound like books I should avoid. Thanks for sharing this week. I know it's not a easy question. Have a great weekend and happy reading!!! My FF

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of the books you listed besides Fifty Shades, but I can understand your reasoning... I definitely don't want to read those books now! New follower! :)

    My post: http://carycheyennexo.blogspot.com/2014/04/feature-and-follow-friday-18.html

    My blog link: http://carycheyennexo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol, I agree with the Fifty Shades series, I personally can not stand it... The other two books that were mentioned I have actually never heard of!

    I'm an old follow via bloglovin
    My F&F
    Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's not the kind of competition I'd want to have with my roommate, lol! Ew... And how about overuse of "my inner goddess" in 50 Shades as well? ;)
    Old follower :)
    My FF @ Donnie Darko Girl

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL I have never heard of any of the books except for 50 shades one LOL and I didn't even read it.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thankfully I would never be tempted to pick it up anyway since the cover screams New Adult / Contemporary to me and I'm a mostly strictly Fantasy and Science Fiction reader.

    ReplyDelete