Sunday 29 October 2017

Review: Her Sweetest Christmas by Holly Blair

Natalie LeClair will never forget the kiss she shared with Cooper King three years ago. Too bad he’s the enemy, back in her life to buy her grandmother’s chocolate company right from under her nose.

Cooper King will stop at nothing to acquire LeClair’s Chocolate Shop and its famed recipe. There’s only one wrinkle. Natalie is standing in his way, and he wants nothing more than to rekindle their romance. Cooper longs to return to just business as usual, but Natalie may be the sweetest distraction he’s ever imagined.

 

Novella-length romance, approximately 17,000 words.

Kindle Edition, 79 pages
Published December 22nd 2016 
Series: Juniper Falls #1
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Kristine's Thoughts:

I grabbed this book for free off Amazon thinking that it was time to start into some holiday reading. The season is fast approaching and what better way to get into the Christmas spirit.

This novella is only 79 pages long so it is difficult to discuss the plot without giving the whole story away. If you read the synopsis you will get a good indication of what this book is about.

This novella was a super cute story that took place in an even cuter setting. I absolutely adored Juniper Falls and could visualise myself walking down the street on a winters day looking at all the decorated store fronts. In my opinion, the town was the best part of the whole story. I loved the small town camaraderie and the way everyone looked out for each other. Don't get me started on LeClair's Chocolate Shop. In my mind it was the cutest little shop and did I mention there was chocolate? Seriously, this novella needs to come with a warning label because it made me extremely hungry for all that chocolaty goodness!

On top of the adorable setting there was a sweet romance blooming as well. Natalie and Cooper, while not without roadblocks, were a couple in the making that I enjoyed getting to know. Their budding romance was pretty clean and appropriate for most ages. There was some kissing within the pages but that was it.

I thoroughly enjoyed my first venture into the holiday season with Her Sweetest Christmas and I will definitely be visiting Juniper  Falls Again. I believe there are two more Christmas books in this series.


 
 Connect with Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment